At The Iron Shop, we hold a profound appreciation for quality craftsmanship, innovative technologies, and premium materials that are both beautiful and robust—elements that resonate in everything we create. As we step into the new year, we wanted to highlight some of...
December 6, 2022
20 Unique Gift Ideas for the 2022 Holiday Season
MORE FROM THE IRON SHOP
The fusion of traditional architecture and modern living has given birth to an innovative residential concept: the barndominium. At its core, a barndominium combines the rustic charm of a barn with the comforts and amenities of a condominium. As the lines between...
Devon Loerop: The Pacific Bin Cargo container homes are a newer type of modular and sustainable housing created by repurposing shipping containers, the large, sturdy steel boxes designed to carry goods on trucks, trains, and ships. In the last few years there has been...
At The Iron Shop, we have a deep appreciation for quality craftsmanship, innovative technologies, and beautiful and strong high-end materials — that’s because we infuse everything we make with all three. Well, this holiday season we thought we’d share some of our favorite gifts for the DIYer, big project tackler, and all-around handyperson in your life.
Here is The Iron Shop’s complete 2022 Gift Giving Guide:
1. Solo Stove Bonfire 2.0: This stainless steel fire pit is specially engineered to light fast and super heat air to literally burn off smoke before it leaves the pit. That means all the joy of roasting marshmallows on a frosty winter night with no ash in your eyes or smoky clothes to clean later.
2. Small Big Green Egg: Don’t be fooled by the name, the ‘small’ Big Green Egg is still big enough to cook a 12-pound turkey or a full rack of ribs, and this uniquely-shaped and award-winning smoker can also be used as a kamado grill.
3. Ooni Karu 12 Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven: Look out BBQ, there’s a new contender for most delicious backyard fare, and it’s homemade pizza! The Ooni Karu 12 can run on wood, charcoal, or propane and gets hot enough to cook an entire 12” pizza in just 60 seconds.
4. DuluthFlex Dry on the Fly Relaxed Fit Cargo Pants: With sun protecting, moisture wicking, quick drying materials, Duluth not only makes work pants built for performance, but adds triple stitching and crouch gusseting so that these pants will last for years in even the toughest work environments.
5. Outback Trading Company Overlander Jacket: Cotton-based, oilskin jackets offer a timeless look and proven all-season rain protection, and Outback Trading Company’s Overlander features warm poly-fill, a wide assortment of pockets, and a breathable liner.
6. Ariat Rebar Wedge Chelsea Waterproof Women’s Work Boot: Combining the stylish looks and comfort of a Chelsea-style boot with the dependability and durability Ariat is known for, the Rebar Wedge is the perfect women’s boot for a tough day on the job site, or for just about anything.
7. Boos Block from John Boos: End grain maple or walnut Boos Blocks are the sturdiest and longest lasting cutting boards anywhere. And if it ever gets too nicked up, just sand it down slightly, give it a quick oil finish, and it’s good as new!
8. Trade Coffee Club: For the caffeine aficionado in your life, give the gift of fresh, fair trade coffee that is harvested from all over the world, packaged by 450 unique roasters, and delivered right to their doorstep.
9. Gaggia Cadorna Prestige: Espresso is more than a beverage for some people. It’s a lifestyle! Give your favorite coffee snob a true barista experience at home with a fully automated machine that can make 14 different drinks including lattes and cappuccinos with just the push of a button.
10. Balmuda Toaster: There are toasters and then there’s the Balmuda, a Japanese-made, steam-driven micro oven that has been called simply the best toaster ever made.
11. Di Bruno Bros Philly Soft Pretzel Bundle: This kit includes everything you need to make your own Philly-style soft pretzels, as well as some fancy mustard, cheese spread, and pepperoni to go with it. This is one gift basket that you can be sure the whole house will love!
12. Norlan Whisky Glasses: The original double-walled whisky glass is engineered to keep your quaff cold and your hand warm while transmitting a delicious aroma right to your nose.
13. bev by Black+Decker Cocktail Maker: Know someone that loves cocktails but wishes mixology wasn’t so labor intensive? Thanks to the bev, making dozens of popular drinks is as easy as using a Keurig-style machine. Add your own spirits and choose from more than 40 compatible Bartesian cocktail capsules to complement them.
14. Wera Joker Wrench Set: A wrench is a wrench, right? Not when it’s a completely new design that is reversible, avoids finger injuries, and helps prevent dropping nuts or bolts. That’s why they call it the Joker, it works even when every other card has been tried.
15. Leatherman Wave+: Swiss Army Knives look nice, but when you need a multitool that can do real work, craftspeople turn to the classic Leatherman. The Wave+ is one of Leatherman’s top sellers because it has 18 essential tools, including wire cutters and pliers, built right in and backed by a 25-year warranty.
16. RAK Multi-Tool Pen: Sometimes even a Leatherman is too big to carry around everywhere, but RAK has the multitool that is versatile and compact enough to stay with you at all times. Though it appears and works like a standard ballpoint pen, it also includes an LED light, standard and metric rulers, a bubble level, and more.
17. reMarkable 2 Tablet: Doers of all kinds know that nothing great is made without a plan and some place to jot down a few notes. The reMarkable 2 includes a digital pen and ultra-thin e-ink touchscreen, so it looks and feels a lot like paper, but you can save, edit, and share your notes digitally.
18. Hydrow Rower: Spin class is so last season. The home workout of choice in 2022 is a full body rowing exercise machine, and thanks to Hydrow’s electromagnetic drag mechanism, you can get the experience and silence of a water tank-style rowing machine in a much sleeker formfactor.
19. Love Cashmere Cocoon Blanket: Perfect for snuggling up with on the couch or keeping warm in the backseat of the car on a long trip, high quality cashmere blankets like this one are luxuriously soft and cozy.
20. The Iron Shop’s Interior or Exterior Spiral Staircase Kit: And, of course, no gift this holiday season will bring more joy, elegance, and enhanced use of floorspace to the home of a loved one than the gift of a complete indoor or outdoor spiral staircase kit with a customizable range of accessories and finishes.
The Iron Shop manufactures beautiful, thoughtfully-designed, and easy to install spiral staircases that will make any building more functional and attractive. That’s why we have been the leading name in spiral staircase kits since 1931.